This year, Carlee and daddy went to Home Depot to buy the tree. Zachary and I stayed home and prayed for a successful trip. Fortunately, they got the first tree they found and packed it in the car. This is a picture of Carlee with the Christmas tree. The odd thing is that she is in shorts and a t-shirt where as last year she was bundled in her winter coat, hat, gloves and long pants. Gotta love this Houston weather!! This years decorating was a whole new story- Carlee was hands on in this process. This was a little scary for us, but she did well and nothing broke. However, she still loves taking the ornaments on and off the tree even the breakable ones. Talk about a whole new set of "No's." Here is a picture of her with the star ornament she decorated at church. I love these little crafts that you can have throughout the years. Zachary just hung out and played on the floor while this all went on. He definitely loves looking at the tree and notices it every time we're in the living room. Here he is with his daddy being all bashful. This year, Greg and I decorated the tree separately taking turns helping Carlee with ornaments and holding Zac. I love decorating the tree and remembering each trip we took(we always got an ornament from each vacation spot) or memory from seasons of life. We eventually finished the decorating, but it was over the coarse of a 24 hour period.
No comments:
Post a Comment