Monday, February 4, 2008

Accident's Happen


Today was one of those days you either laugh or cry. I did neither, but got through it with grace. Thank God! Anyways, I had just finished the laundry and Carlee wakes up from her nap with her clothes off at my bedroom door and tells me she had an acciddent and we needed to change her sheets. I looked at her with a smile and said, "that's okay." I got out of bed from my 15 minute nap and proceed to get things cleaned up. An hour later, we are at the park and Carlee has another accident and she is dripping wet. We walk home and change clothes and go back to the park. After being at the park for 5 minutes, I see Carlee hiding from me because she is going poopoo in her panties. Lovely! I tell her that everything is going to be fine and that we need to go home so we could get cleaned up. This picture was taken today after all was said and done. Carlee's accident's seem to be the theme of our lives lately, but I am getting through it better than ever. It's taken me a long time not to get upset or frustrated when she has an accident. I know all children have acciddent's and Carlee will continue to. I thank the Lord that I can get through it with a smile and grace now. I've come a long way. Progess!

3 comments:

The Chappelles said...

Rebecca, that's great! You are a wonderful mother... That picture is so sweet...

Amanda Burkett said...

I'm expecting lots (and LOTS) of tips from you, sweet friend. Your patience and grace leap off the page when I read your Blog posts!! That picture is too cute for words!

The Jack Pack said...

Oh boy...I'm really looking forward to those moments, Reba...thanks for filling us in on the realities of parenthood!! ha ha

Steve