Friday, July 4, 2008

Fireworks





We went to see the fireworks tonight. We basically had to talk Carlee into going because she was so afraid of the big boom noise that fireworks make. We got a little bit too close last year. We told her we would be far enough away this year that we would not hear them, but we could take her earmuffs and wear them if she needed to block out the noise. She thought that would be a good idea. We parked our car at Babin's across the freeway way far away from the noise (we went here the first year when Carlee was a baby with Greg's parents and remember it being a good spot with little noise). Right before they started Carlee was getting a little nervous and scared. I told her that I would pray with her if she needed some reassurance, but she said, "no." Once the fireworks started she was amazed. She saw them and did not hear a big boom. YEA!! Carlee smiled so big and said, "Mommy, I am not scared of the fireworks, I'm not scared." I rejoiced with her and jumped for joy inside. My heart was blessed! The picture of her raising her hands is her praising Jesus and thanking Him for not being scared. She talked about the fireworks and about which ones she liked and how she didn't want them to end. I was so happy! Zachary loved the fireworks too and pointed to them as well as everything else that was lit up like the street lights and Babin's sign. It was so cute! This has been a great day and will be remembered as a day of victory! Oh yeah, on the way home Carlee said, "God just kept me safe. He is big and I am not afraid." Praise Jesus things are soaking in!! To God be the glory!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what an amazing testimony! thank you Lord! i'm so glad you guys had a great time!

Kara said...

What a great story, your kids are so precious. Glad yall had a wonderful 4th!

Kara-Phil 4:7