Friday, October 16, 2009

My Girl

Carlee got some new pj's last night from grammy that say big sister. Tonight it is a little cool outside (around 60) so she got to wear them to bed. This girls loves long sleeves and pants because she likes to be cozy. However, I'm afraid she will be sweating in them because it's not cold in the house and she is warm-blooded. I loved how she propped herself on her stool to take this picture.... so grown-up. She is getting so big!

Today for our homeschooling lesson, Carlee and I drew and colored a life size portrait of her. She has been learning all about the 5 senses and how "God Made Us Wonderful." It took us about an hour and a half to draw and color. It was a lot of fun! Carlee decided to make her pants a collage of pictures that she has learned how to draw. There are hearts, stars, an apple tree, butterflies, a cat, flowers and numbers on them. Carlee has become quit the artist and will draw pictures all day long. Every time I see her these days she has her three favorite crayons in her hand: turquoise, orchid and pink and she is drawing a picture for someone.

2 comments:

The Chappelles said...

Such a cute gal!!! Carlie will you please tell Sarah that pants are "cool"...

The Guess Family said...

What a fun project....I am keeping that one in mind for an upcoming snow day!!!