Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Super Reader

Here is Carlee saying the "Pledge of Allegiance," while turning pages in her book. This is how they taught her at church and she insist on saying the pledge this way. She really does know the whole thing word for word. Can you say, "teacher in the making."
One of the best times of the day for us is reading to Carlee before she goes to bed. She loves books. We normally read to her at least 15 minutes if not more. We try to read different books, but Carlee likes her favorites like "Clifford's Circus," "ABC's" by Dr. Seuss and "The Foot Book." She has all of these memorized word for word. If I mess up a word, she will correct me. I am amazed by her skills. The other day she came home singing a song about an orange and she knew how to spell the word orange. I was very impressed and thought to myself that she is going to want to start spelling soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sure do love that Super Reader! And if she wants to be a teacher that's fine by me!