- How Carlee dances around our room to "Brown-eyed Girl," waving her hands in a circle, while wearing my furry brown hat and how Zachary watches in amazement with such anticipation as if he were about to jump up and join in the fun.
-How she says, "I love you" in her cute little girl voice and says it because she wants to and knows it blesses my heart.
-How she loves to read books and can't go to bed until a book is read to her.
-How she asks to play on the computer everyday by saying, "Can I do Barney?"
-How much she loves to play Strawberry Shortcake paper dolls right now and how she asks me everyday with such excitement in her voice as if I will say, "Yes" everytime. It's hard to turn down those beautiful brown puppy dog eyes.
-How she copies everything I do as if I am a queen and she is my princess in training. Such as: putting on my make-up, combing her hair, brushing her teeth, figuring out what to wear (how she only wants to wear the things she likes), even saying the things I do like when I say "What do you think about that?" (when I am looking at something in a store... so cute).
-How she is not only my daughter, but also becoming my friend.
-How I can count to five backwards and get her to obey and do the thing I asked and how she wants me to say, "one" nicely because she is just silly like that.
-How she wants me to be happy all the time and will do whatever possible to get me to smile. (this makes me cry)
-How she runs everywhere she goes and knows now the importance of holding my hand in the parking lot. Thank you Lord!
-How she can trip and fall down now without crying, but get up and laugh about it. Progress!
-How she likes to ride on the outside of the grocery cart, which is totally restricted and how she jumps on and off the cart to help me look for things. Don't worry we are very careful when doing this; however, the shoppping experience is so hysterical when she is there because she sings the whole time and entertains all the customers. Also, I love how Zachary watches her with wide-eyes and is totally enthusiatic about his sissy.
-How it has taken almost 8 months to potty train and we are still in the process, but how God has used this to keep me on my knees, supportive and pure in heart. It's been a journey and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Praise Jesus!
-How she loves to have a banana and cereal every morning for breakfast and a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch for lunch cut in a circle.
-How she says, "I'm forkin'" when she is trying to make a joke. (she said this the first time when we were eating dinner and we asked her what she was doing and she was eating with her fork, so she said, "I'm forkin'." We busted out laughing!)
-How she loves to play dress-up and be a princess and how she doesn't want us to tell her how beautiful she looks until after she has her crown, earrings, bracelets, shoes and dress on. Her favorite princess right now is Cinderilla, mostly because she loves the color blue (just like her Grammy).
I just love my girl and know she is growing up before our eyes. She will be three next week. It brings me to tears just thinking about how special she is and how great our lives are because of her. I never knew how much my heart would hurt for her when she doesn't feel good or gets hurt. I never knew she would steal my heart with just one glance into her eyes or one look at her smile. I am so glad God knew what kind of child I needed to bless my heart and keep me close to His.
From one proud mama
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Greg - it is Tracey Pressel - the old intern. How are you? Your children are too adorable. Bart and I are doing well. Check out our blog sometime:
www.beartrapsandroadmaps.blogspot.com
Glad to see you doing so well!
Hey guys! Say "Happy Birthday" to your adorable little Carlee from Johanna and me! We're doing well...early signs of labor are here already...her doctor told me I shouldn't go back to work if I want to be sure I am here for the birth...hey, DOCTOR'S ORDERS!! Who wants to argue with that, right? We are ready!! I will try to post to the blog from the hospital shortly after delivery, so stay tuned! God bless...
I love it! I wish I was there to experience her more- what a great post! You are a wonderful mother.
I love that about saying "one" nicely
Hey Rebekah-just checking out your blog! I love this post...a great reminder to cherish the little things before our kids get too old :)
Post a Comment