Monday, May 5, 2008

Carlee's Car Wash



Saturday, Carlee spent most of the day outside in her swimsuit helping Daddy wash the car. I remember doing this as a little girl and oh how I loved getting wet and having fun with my dad. It was probably a good thirty minutes and the car had still not been touched. All I heard was Greg laughing hysterically at whatever Carlee was doing behind the car. At this time, he told me to get the camera. She had been taking two sponges and dropping them into the bucket of bubbles and laughing at all the slashes she had made. As you can see she got it on her hair, swimsuit and all. By the time she was done, she was covered in suds. It was so funny to watch. Carlee spent the next hour inside the bucket just hanging out watching daddy do all the work. Who needs a swimming pool?! I'm so glad Carlee can be completely satisfied in a bucket of bubbles and laugh and play like this is the best thing ever. I love this girl!
On a side note... I taught Carlee her first bible verse last week from Psalms 150:6 "Let everything that has breath, Praise the Lord." At the end of the day, I asked Carlee at the dinner table if she could tell daddy her verse and she said, "Let everything hold their breath and Praise the Lord." We all laughed so hard!!

4 comments:

Kara said...

There is so much joy in the simple things in life such as a bucket of soap! If we would all just stop and take the time to look!

I am so glad that you got the "Bringing Up Boy's" book. I believe that Dr. Dodson also wrote one for girls. Have you started highlighting yet, my pages are completely covered.

You are such a "Godly Mother", I am so proud of you for taking the time to teach Carlee scripture, you can never start too soon! Have a blessed week!
Kara- Prov. 31

McClure Family said...

I love it!!! Maybe sometimes, we should hold our breath...that's some teaching!!

Unknown said...

I recognize that swimsuit and those cute sunglasses! Too cute!
And I remember those washin' car days and how much we loved them too!
I had to tell John about the bible verse...that is too funny!
How can we live so close now and me still be able to say I miss you guys!
Love you and your precious family!

Diana said...

she is so cute, she is a little you totally!