Friday, May 30, 2008

First Swim



Zachary, Carlee and I went to the pool today with some friends. It was so nice to be outside and not hot. I have been looking forward to this Summer because Zachary would be one and would be able to handle the heat and the water (unlike last year when he was a newborn). I got a little floaty for him to sit in so I could be hands free for Carlee if I needed to. However, she showed me today that she can handle the pool all by herself. The lifeguards were very attentive and as I understand helped her when she went under. I must have had my back turned, but she was okay. She met some little girlfriends while she was there and basically stayed attached to them the whole time. She went down the slide sereval times and made sure everyone knew she was having fun by screaming with excitement. So cute and girly! Thanks Erin for catching her oh sooo many times. Carlee kept things interesting by having an accident in her swimsuit right before we left. Fun times! I'm just glad she was not in the water when it happened. Zachary was pretty tired by the time we got there, but he sat in his tube for a little bit and then fell asleep while I was holding him. I layed him on the chair and he crashed for one hour. Thanks for the pictures Erin! He thoroughly enjoyed himself at the pool. It was a fun day!

3 comments:

The Chappelles said...

That is so very sweet!

Diana said...

awesome. What a great day for you !

The Guess Family said...

I remembr Carlee napping at the pool!!! Only then, you got to lay out on the chair beside her. Not so anymore!!! I am sure you were busy chasing Carlee around the water. We are missing you guys and summer days at the pool!!!
Love
Kim