I have to tell you about what happened yesterday while I was at the mall. I was on my way to Children's Place and I was stopped by one of those vendors who sell flat iron's and hair extensions. Normally, I would say no thank you and be on my way, but since the kids were at home with daddy and I was curious to see how these things actually worked... I stopped. Plus, I felt that I needed to for some reason (GOD). So I sit down and forewarn him that I am not buying anything, but am interested to see what the flat iron can do. He begins his sells pitch while styling my hair (curling my hair with a flat iron) and in the meantime I am thinking what did I just get myself into. After he comes to a break in his speech, he begins to ask me questions (small talk). I am curious to know where he is from because of his accent and he tells me Israel. All I am thinking is wow that is so cool because last week at Intercessory Worship at New Haven House of Prayer we were praying for Israel and salvation to come to the Jews. So I asked the man if he was Jewish and he said, "Yes." Then I asked if he believed in Jesus and he said, "No, Jesus is not the Messiah." He begins to tell me how all the stories in the bible are just stories and there not real. I tell him that they are real and Jesus has changed my life. I go on to tell him that Jesus loves him and died for him and wants him to love him back. I begin to pour out my heart to him just as God would do and he listens with respect, but also with amazement (I could see it in his eye). After finishing my hair, he begins to go on about the flat iron and how he is going to give me a discounted price. I tell him, I can not buy anything without asking my husband first. So I call Greg and ask if I could purchase a flat iron (knowing in the back of my mind he would say no) and he did. So I tell the man (Seann), my husband said no so I will have to get it perhaps another time (birthday). Anyways, he noticed that I was an honest person because I asked my husband first and said he had not seen people like me around his booth. He said most women say they'll come back and they don't or don't ask their husband before buying any products and buy them anyway even if they can't afford it. I told him I respect my husband and want to do what is right and we have two kids who need to be taken care of and a flat iron is not priority for me. Anyways, the man did not become a Christian, but he was given the gospel message in a loving way and I am thankful God used me to share with him about my first Love (My Jesus). I told Seann I would be praying for him.
Sometimes, I wonder why I am so silent. Here I am with the answer to peoples problems and I don't talk. I think I have been too caught up in my own life that I have missed what is going on in others lives. But, this was the second time this week I shared with someone (a stranger) about God and it makes me come alive inside. The Holy Spirit has been speaking through me and it is totally incredible! I am so glad to testify of my Father's love. I know this is just the beginning of more to come. I feel ripe and ready to share. It's time! He has done great things, let's tell the world!
2 Tim. 4:2 "...be prepared in season and out of season...."
Ps. 122:6 "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May those who love you be secure."
Gal. 6:9 "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
Matt. 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill can not be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand and it gives light to everyone else in the house. In the same way let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and pray to your Father in heaven."
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Rebekah,
that is wonderful and i am so happy and proud for you to have that opportunity. i admire you!
-Amy
I am so encouraged by your post! I will be praying for Seann, too, and am so thankful that you are obedient to the Holy Spirit's leading. Love you!
That is an incredible story Rebekah. The minister at last my church has spoken often about how as Christians, we'll make a bigger difference in society by how we live our lives that who we do or don't support politically. Sounds like you made a lasting impression on him with your honesty and respect for Greg and your family. He'll remember that!
Thank you . . . I needed that today. The reminder, of the greater goal, our purpose. I love you.
Post a Comment