Saturday, October 11, 2008

Loved

I love the days when I get lost in the Lord. You know the times when nothing else matters, but Him. You have no schedules to attend to, no body to please, or nothing distracting you from Him. You've gotten to a place where you recognize that all you need is Him and if you don't have time with Him then your world begins to cave in and your unsatisfied.
Well, my time with Him became so real today that I have to share. I had a breakthrough moment with my Lord today that I felt like I saw myself through His eyes. I went on a run with my IPod and listened to the music as it stirred my heart. This run was like none other because it was seriously a run. As the song by Matthew West played "More," I was overwhelmed with tears and amazed with just how much God loves me. I love the part of the song that says "he loves me even when I am undone." That was me at this moment- completely and utterly undone because of the love of God. This week, I've been thinking about how He created me to be loved (read this from, "the Shack") and for no other reason. I don't have to love Him, but I do. He created me to be loved.... because of his love He created ME, so that He could love ME. Wow! How selfless?! How amazing?! What kind of God is like this?! Reminds me of I John 4:19, "We love because He first loved us." How can I love if I don't understand His love for me? I remember when God asked me to love an unlovable cashier at the grocery store (that was 3 years ago) and now to this day we are friends. I listen to her as she tells me her story. She is hurting and lost, but needs someone to love her and I am that someone through Christ who brings a smile to her face and shares the love of Jesus. LOVE is Powerful and contagious!
Back to my run, it stopped after a few more songs had played and I sat to just be. I closed my eyes and then felt as if Jesus, himself was right there holding me, touching me, breathing for me and I was caught speechless and in awe of the One who loves me and calls me His own. I am His child.....His. Had I forgotten who I belonged to? To be with Him, to gaze at His face, to feel His embrace.... Why do I ever leave and try to do it on my own? All I know is my time with Him today was life changing and I want more. He changed my heart just by reminding me of who He is and was and will always be. There is none like Him!
May He invade your life and get you to a place where you recognize that all you are is loved by Him and nothing else matters.

1 comment:

The Chappelles said...

Thanks for sharing, girl. I am so happy that you had an amazing time with HIM. May we all have more times like that.