Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Act of God

Today was one of those days my emotions took over and I found myself unable to handle any part of the day, let alone any problem. I found myself crying in the shower for no apparent reason. As I cried I prayed what I could, but mainly let my groans be my prayer. Zachary was extremely clingy and upset today which made for an even more rough day. Carlee's party is on Saturday and I needed today to prepare. All this was overwhelming me and when I get overwhelmed I normally react and get a little angry. So this afternoon during lunch I sat down at the table to eat and Zachary has a fit and does not want to eat any of his food. I am confused and angry because he did not want to eat much breakfast either. At this point... I should have realized something was going on, but I was still overwhelmed with my issues that I decided to try and discipline him instead. As soon as I let my anger excel, I knew I needed to take a break and step away from the circumstances. So I took a breather to pray and asked God for help. I really don't know why I have to come to the end of myself to get to these places sometimes with God, but He humbles me and allows me to go there so He will be the only thing truly living in me. For that I am grateful!!
After crying and praying in the garage, Carlee comes to me and tells me she loves me and tells me to take a deep breath. I love this girl! She is the perfect daughter for me. I come back in and Zachary says he needs to go to the potty. I take him and realize what is going on. The poor little guy has an upset tummy. Now, I feel like a bad mom. Why had I not thought of that before? Oh yeah, I was too busy with my own issues. If I only would have asked him what was going on the first time he went potty. (he is so quick to flush before I get in there to help that I had no idea what was going on)

About a couple hours later, I meet Greg at Dr. Zanio's (our chiropractors office) for our adjustment. Just Greg and I are paid for, so the kids don't get adjusted.... until today. Dr. Zanio asked if he could check out the kids. I told him we don't have the money to cover them. He said that it was okay and had Carlee get on the table. Turns out her hip is higher than the other. Then he proceeds and does an adjustment. As this point, I was blown away. I couldn't believe he was doing this for us. Then Zachary got on the table and he had some issues as well. He got an adjustment too. He's the one who needed it the most because of how bad he was feeling.
I'm so thankful I got to see a tangible act of God today. He used Dr. Zanio to be the hands and feet of Christ today in my life. My faith was strengthened and I give God all the glory. I went over to the rehab area after the adjustment and told John (the rehab Dr.) what just happened. He told me to praise God and that is just what I did. I told him it had been a hard day with Zachary and he said I needed to praise God in all circumstances. Yes, I think I remember hearing that in the bible somewhere. He said I needed to put my faith into action (which is exactly what God is teaching me right now in bible study). I was blessed again speaking to him and am so thankful I went to their office today. God used the body of Christ to lift me up and encourage my faith. Thank you Father! You are such a good God! May I praise you no matter the circumstance because you allow the good, bad, hard and easy to mature my faith making me pure and holy before you. You are an excellent dad and know what I need more than I can understand. I love you!

No comments: