So Greg and I decided to use our Michael's (craft store) 50% off coupon's on the small plastic animals they have. Carlee and Zachary love these animals and play so well with them. We put them (new and old) around the manger to see if they would notice on Christmas morning. We even put Bullseye (the Toy Story horse) in the mix. We had lost him on our camping trip in November. They were certainly excited to have a new one.
Zachary was so happy to get his Bambi or fawn. He loves that movie and loves acting it out with Carlee and daddy. It is the cutest thing.
And here Carlee is with her Bullseye. Don't you just love the hair in the face. Greg says the messed up hair is a must for Christmas pictures. You will notice that I fixed mine.
Looks like the fun is about to begin and these two are excited!! But first....
But before all the gift unwrapping began, we gave each child a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus.
and Then as they ate their cupcakes (for breakfast... don't you just love Christmas!! :) I read the story of Jesus' birth. The kid's were some what patient and listened the best they could. I know it was hard since they were super excited. (Note to self: maybe next year I should read it after presents.)
Zachary is sitting with all his loot from his stocking. Daddy individually wrapped every Cars car with tissue paper and put it in his stocking.... leaving Lightening McQueen down at the bottom to be opened last. Daddy took video during this time and it took Zachary a very long time to get through the wrapping. (Note to daddy: do not individually wrap presents for the stocking next year. IT TAKES TOO LONG!!) One plus is Zachary had an extra piece of candy in his stocking left from last years Christmas.
One of the most favorite gifts in the stocking, also something Carlee has been asking for.... was BINOCULARS! We got Zachary a pair too and he thought they were a lot of fun! Love this shot!
So if we needed to get Carlee anything this Christmas, it was going to have to revolve around Toy Story's: Jessie (the cowgirl). She has been asking for the Talking Jessie doll since Toy Story 3 came out. and if you know Carlee you know that she likes to dress like any character especially if she is watching the movie. I already knew that she had a cowgirl shirt coming from Nana and Grandpa, so the cowgirl hat and the boots were what we gave her. I know she will be wearing these a lot. This is her making her cowgirl face..... she is just a little into the character I would say..... stance and all...
This Christmas Carlee took it upon herself to make Greg and I a gift. She had prepared it a week in advance and put it in an envelope in our stockings. It was already super special because God moved her heart to bless us, but once we saw her beautiful creations of artwork we were so blessed. She also threw in some of her change from her piggy bank to give us. I think I got a $1.26 in quarters. She put it in my wallet for me and everything. I love this girl!
Me and Carlee with her envelope. She made me a snowflake.... well daddy cut the snowflake out, but she helped color it. It's the thought that counts.
So this Christmas Greg and I decided to go easy on the gifts for our kids and try to limit each kid to three gifts each. One of Carlee's big gifts from us was her clap and laugh microphone. She played with it at Lakeshore (a teachers supply store) a few times and told stories and sang on it while people shopped. It was a hit! She is following in her mommies footsteps. I pray she excepts the responsibility that comes with being on a platform if she ever thinks about being a worship leader. For now she can just warm up her singing on us. She has already played Woodsedge (the church we go to) and New Haven House of Prayer (the place I lead worship) like she is the worship leader. So great! We got Zachary a domino train set that he played with at Lakeshore as well. It was a huge hit with him, but we didn't get any pictures of it.
Oh yes..... I got my first pair of skinny jeans and they are adorable!! It has taken me a long time to think about owning a pair of these jeans just because they remind me of what I wore when I was in junior high with the whole fold over, rolled up cuffs, BUT these jeans do not even compare. They are from my new favorite store: Langford Market (in the Market Street shopping center). I also received two cute dresses from that store as well. My husband knows me and knows that I love clothes, so that is what I got for Christmas. I helped him out by trying these all on and putting them on hold. The sales associates in that store ROCK! They gave my kids coloring books and things to do while I shopped and they also helped pick out my outfits for me. Okay enough about the store and onto Christmas.... one more thing.... I got my own cowgirl boots too... YEEE-HAH!
So I decided to do some homemade cards this year thanks to Kodak Gallery. I did one for Greg, my mom and dad and Ed and Randle and it was a great personalized gift. I loved putting my own photo on my husbands card and he loved it too. I believe this card will be going to work and will be sitting on his desk. I hope he reads it often to remember just how much I love him.
I wish I had some shots of Greg with his gifts, but all the ones of him in his robe are just not blog friendly. He received a few pair of pants from me (something he was in need of), a bike pump, and a digital heart rate monitor/watch for running....... and to think this was just the beginning of our Christmas celebration. After this eventful morning we headed to Randle and Ed's for Christmas #2. More posts to follow....
No comments:
Post a Comment