Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Christmas on New Years

We started the year off right by celebrating Christmas on New Year's day. We rung in the new year with family, food, games, and gifts. I don't know if it could get any better...... Oh but it did when my dad gave each of the adults (me, Greg, my sis, her husband) a card. My dad is a great card writer, but this year He did something a little different. He asked the Lord what was on His heart for us. Inside each card was a word from the Lord and a special verse. Mine and my sisters word was "Joy" and Greg and John's was "Peace." Me and my sister were in tears over it and couldn't have agreed how relevant that word was for both of us. We are so thankful to have a dad that not only prays for us, but asks the Lord what His gift is for us. I love my dad and my heavenly Father. Thanks dad and mom. I love you! The money was nice as well. :) Carlee got some good Grandpa time swinging while Zachary and my nephew slept. She just loved every minute of it too.

We spent some time playing our new favorite game Blockus and with this crowd it is a challenge to win, but I got close. My husband has a hard time watching me play this game because I don't really have a clear strategy except for at the beginning of the game. Anyways, all that to say he did a pretty good job at watching me without talking to me about my plays.
This year, I got creative (with the help of a new book) and made a simple foot print, hand print angel ornament for Nana and Grandpa with the kids pictures and a verse from Luke 2:10. It turned out to be a great gift. They enjoyed them too.
These kids waited and waited and were so patient, so when they finally got to open some presents they were thrilled! This is before the fun began. Zachary is about to be done with all the picture taking and we hadn't even started.
Carlee received a special gift from her Aunt Rachel, a rosebud lips headband especially designed for her. So adorable!!
Mom out did herself this year and made my sister and I the most beautiful blankets to go in our homes. She has been working hard on these for a long time and they mean so much to us.
I just love these two precious people!!! My sis and brother-in-law
So I got even more creative and gave mom and dad a homemade card thanks to Kodak Gallery. It was special because it had pictures of our family during our Thanksgiving camping trip. We also did a photo collage of the camping trip and framed it for them. They love pictures, so it is the best gift!

This was a very special day and we are so blessed to be able to have such a wonderful family.

No comments: