Saturday, September 29, 2007
Greg's Birthday
Last night, Greg and I got to go out on a date without any children. Carlee stayed with Grammy and Pawpaw (Greg's folks), while Zac stayed with Aunt Rachel (my sis) at home. This was the first since Zac has been born. We went to Red Robin (Greg's choice) for dinner and enjoyed sharing some buffalo wings. He tells me now that eating buffalo wings was a prerequisite for seeing if I was the one for him. We ate our burgers and fries with little conversation, but exchanged glances and smiled enjoying the ease of it all. No fingers to keep out of our food, no disciplining our two year old, and no bouncing a baby. It was nice! Then we went to Main Event and played games. We had lots of laughs as we competed against each other in Air Hockey (I won), racing race cars (I won, only b/c Greg wiped out at the end on purpose), and in basketball (Greg won, of coarse). Good thing it was not a prerequisite for me to be good at sports. I literally stink when it comes to playing basketball. After that, we went to Market Street and walked around a bit before going to get some Coldstone. We sat with our ice cream and enjoyed watching the kids play soccer in the park. It was so nice to reconnect with my bebe' and remember the reasons we love each other. I will try to never take these times for granted again. I am so thankful for my husband. He is the best man for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great Date. I am so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment