Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Special Moments

Tonight as I was talking to my sister, I was leaning up against the doorway with my hip resting on the door frame and my leg cocked up with my toe pointed on the ground. Next thing I know Carlee is trying to imitate me on the other side on the doorway, but that wasn't good enough because she was not on the side I was on, so she asked to switch sides with me. Then Carlee says to her Aunt Rachel, "you doin' fine?" This was her way of making herself involved in the conversation. On other occasions, Carlee crosses her arms in front of her and says, "So, how you doin'?" It's the cutest thing. I love that I have a shadow and it is such a blessing to think this little girl looks up to me. Today, she told me, "Happy Valentine's Day," for the first time, while I was pouring her some juice (something I do all the time). This meant the world to me because in Carlee's world Happy Valentine's Day means I Love You. Carlee says this to daddy sometimes while sitting on his lap sharing his bowl of cereal. It always melts my heart.

2 comments:

The Chappelles said...

what a good example you are for precious carlee...

McClure Family said...

so very sweet!!!