skip to main |
skip to sidebar
11 Months

Where did the baby go? Zachary is pretty much a little toddler now. On the move and into everything... he is bruised because of his fearlessness. Just today, he got a fat lip from falling off his car. He is all boy!! This month has had it's share of ups and downs. It all started when Zachary bit me while nursing. I can not even begin to tell you how much pain I was in, but thankfully it healed and we got through it with God's help. Two weeks after that I developed an infection from the bite and now am in more pain. Thank the Lord for antibiotics! So the weaning process has officially begun and we are about to say good-bye a sweet memory. I am so thankful God has enabled me to be Zachary's source of food since he has been born. What a gift nursing is and a special time to bond with my darling son. It's really one of the only times Zachary is completely still. It makes me cry just thinking about how much I will miss this precious time with him. However, I do look forward to being a free women again. Whoever said, "Boys love their mama's," is right. But, oh how I love him too. He steals my heart. He's been pretty attached to me lately and seems to have a melt down every time I walk into the room. The separation anxiety is beginning. As you can see from the first picture, Zachary is eating bite size pieces all the time now and it's all he wants. If I even think about giving him a jar of baby food, I better have some bite size pieces of something on his tray to go with it and even then I have to sneak the baby food in. It's a good stage, but it always throws me for a loop when babies go from breastfeeding all the time to sitting in a highchair eating regular food and drinking all throughout the day. Praise Jesus for healing Zachary's cough! It is finally gone after 6 months. One thing that helped was giving him Acidopholus (this is a pro biotic and you can get it in a powder form at HEB). It is something I began sprinkling on his food to help build his immunity and it has helped. Also, praises for Zachary sleeping through the night now. He will sleep from 8pm until 7am. It is great!! I am a new woman! Carlee still adores her brother and she really enjoys holding his arms and pulling him around the house on his tummy. I can't even believe I let them do this, but he loves it and laughs the whole time. They also love to chase each other. Carlee will run down the hall back and forth as Zachary crawls as fast as he can trying to catch her. He laughs, she laughs while saying, " This is so much fun!!" It is hilarious and happens at least three times a day. Have I told you that Zachary's favorite spot in the house is the toilet. Yesterday, I found his basketball in there and before that his paci (yea, that was sterilized real good). He loves the potty and I've actually had dreams of him potty training because of all the adventures happening in the bathroom. I guess I need to get used to keeping all the doors closed. I never understood why people do that, until now. There are so many differences between my boy and girl, I am thinking about posting that on my next blog entry. So stay tuned!
3 comments:
Let me just say that Zachary looks just like his dad and Carlee looks just like you. They are so beautiful! I am so glad that we can blog back and forth to each and keep in touch!
Also, I have the James Dodson book "Bringing Up Boys" I highly recommend it! It is filled with lot's of wisdom and direction on raising boy's into Godly men.
Yall have a blessed weekend!
In Christ, Kara
Jer. 29:11-13
Kara- I just got that book today. People always say that about our Carlee and Zachary looking like us. Too funny! I love it!
Rebekah
He is too cute! I can't wait to see the two of them playing together again soon! I can't believe he is about to be a year old next month! He's not walking yet, I hope. I can't miss that one!
Post a Comment