I have been thinking about how my two are completely different. Not just because they are a girl and a boy, but because they are Carlee and Zachary, first and second born. Here are just a few things that blow my mind about my two.
Carlee, who is not only all girl, but so much girl that she loves to pick out her clothes, to get her hair done, play dress-up and tea party, put on mommy's make-up (with help), she loves shoes, glitter, soft fuzzy frilly things, to cuddle, to suck her thumb, to sing (and has memorized probably 50 songs), to dance, to twirl, to get her toes painted, to read, and to do things all by herself. She a mini "Me." She will cry if her feelings get hurt. She can not stand loud noises, but loves to turn the music up in the car when listening to "Shackles." She loves to make a mess, but can't stand to be dirty for too long. She runs or skips everywhere she goes. She will sit still and watch movies (Zachary has yet to watch a 30 minute Baby Einstein). When she gets hurt, she gets embarrassed and angry. She is very sensitive and can't handle being in trouble. She is cute, fun to be around, social (her first word was, "Hi."), 3 going on 13, hilarious (she tells me funny stories all the time), special and unique. She is a daddy's girl. She's Carlee and she's our daughter.
Zachary, is ALL BOY!! He likes noise (the louder, the better). He loves the vacuum (Carlee did not like the vacuum when she was small). He loves balls and already knows that the ball goes in the basket (he will make a basket out of any type of circle). His first word was, "Go." He is a boy on the move and as determined as they get. He will test the limits and press boundaries. He is fearless and hard to hold still (he will dive out of my hands thinking he will fly). He loves the water and has always enjoyed bath time (Carlee cried every time she took a bath for 3 months). He loves his mama. Zachary loves to eat and only wants to eat what Carlee is eating. He adores his sissy and stares at her like she is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen. He makes so many noises and sounds. I did not have to teach him how to blow bubbles with his mouth or suck out of a straw. He hits, and bangs on everything. He will bite you especially if he's teething. He gets into the kitchen cabinets, the toilet and climbs into small places. Zachary does not like being confined or straped down. He is his daddy's look alike. Cute, precious, and fun. He always keeps me guessing and on my toes. He is Zachary and he is our son.
Both of these kids are so different, but they are so great! Some days I feel like I am split personality. Sweet and gentle to Carlee and aggressive and blunt with Zachary. No wonder I feel like I am about to loose my mind some days. I love our kids and know that God designed them perfectly and completely. He will give me wisdom and discernment for each one as they grew and change. Being a mom of two has definitely rocked my world and has left me feeling desperate and in need of God everyday. There are days I just don't think I can manage, but through Him I am able to accomplish the day. It will not be perfect and I will make mistakes, but it is all good and blessed because of Him.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am still trying to figure out boy's! They truly are in their own little world! But yet, they LOVE THEIR MAMA'S!!
I wanted you to check out 2 blogs that I visit!
Proverbs 31 Ministry
Renee Swope-She is a speaker for Proverbs 31 Ministries. I love reading her blog! If you scroll down at the bottom of my blog, at the section of people I wish I knew in person-both ministries are listed with their link. Yall have a blessed weekend!
In Christ, Kara
Hey girl,
Did you get the daily devotion today from Proverbs 31? It is about the "New Age" guru Eckhart Tolle, who wrote the book "A New Earth". Ophra has him on her tv and radio show. I believe that she is deceiving people that are tuning into her programming. This guy is evil! What is scary is that so many Christians are buying into this false doctrine. I knew that Ophra was off her rocker a long time ago, but this is deeper than I thought she would ever go. Almost everyone I talk to I try tell them not to watch or listen to her shows.
We need to pray for discernment. The Bible talks about in the end times that there will be false prophets and those that claim they are Christ! Sorry to ramble but I thought you might want to read this devotion today! Yall have a beautiful weekend!
Kara John 14:6
What a great perspective, sweet friend! I so enjoyed reading about your two monkeys . . . I find myself already anticipating the girly stuff with Cameron, while Ben continues to rattle me daily! God's grace . . . Thankful, always, that I have His grace.
I love your family! They are so great! You should call me and come over next time you have a case of the "Monday's"
(But not this Monday- it's a holiday Yea! Husbands are home!)
Post a Comment