Wednesday, December 17, 2008

30


Well, here I am the big 30. I have been crying tears of joy and laughing hysterically (thanks Amantha and Elita) all morning long because my husband e-mailed everyone in my conctacts (all 100+) and told them to send me a birthday message. After reading 50 or so e-mails and cards, I am feeling VERY loved to say the least. I have read one encouraging word after the other. The words spoken, the people behind them, the time taken to think of me so sweetly.... words can not even begin to express how overwhelmed I feel right now. It's is PRICELESS and PRECIOUS! Thank you for thinking of me! You know who you are- family, friends.... YOU ROCK and I love you!!
Makes me think that maybe these words could actually heal, help, minister, encourage, show love to the world. I pray I can be that person to the next someone who crosses my path. May I always have something encouraging to say to those that love me and to those that don't. Reminds me of that verse in Proverbs 25:11, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver." How would this world change if people knew that they were loved not only by insignificant me, but by our Creator, the God of the Universe, the Risen Saviour- Jesus. That in a nutshell is what I have learned this year. GOD LOVES ME AND HE CREATED ME SO THAT HE COULD LOVE ME AND SO I COULD LOVE OTHERS THROUGH HIM!! There's nothing quite like the Father's love. Another revelation that came this year is that God is attracted to weakness and the blessed life is the be-attitudes (Matthew 5). The poor in spirit, the pure in heart, the presecuted, the broken.... "In my weakness He is made strong."
I am so thankful for what I have learned and know this is only the beginning. I feel like Jesus starting his public ministry at the age of 30. I am in training to be a worship leader at New Haven House of Prayer (check out their website in my inspiring links) and know that I am right where I am supposed to be.... dependent on God's Spirit, seeking His heart, desparate for Him to move. I know I have not learned it all and there's LOTS of room for growth. I pray I would stop long enough to hear from God, understand Him more and enjoy the people He has put in my path- people that challenge me, people that inspire me, people that make me question, God knows who.
Thank you for sharing your words and making me feel so loved today. It's because of you that I am who I am. You have all inspired me in some way to press into Jesus and desire Him more.
Thank you Bebe for surprising me (with the cheesecake, with a lunch with Ginger, with coffee with my friends). Thank you for understanding my love language and letting these people love me and share in my special day. Thank you for putting up with all my grief. You are the best husband and the ONLY one for me. You not only challenge me in my daily decisions, but you push me to change. What a blessing you are to me.... I love you!!
Thank you Carlee and Zachary for your love and grace. God knew the children I needed to encourage me to be more like Christ. You two have drawn me to my knees and kept me humble. I love you both and count it a privilege and honor to raise you. Thank you for your trust, your obedience, your JOY, hugs, kisses, cuddles, PRAYERS, forgiveness, your help, your smiles, your tears, pain, sadness, and your LOVE. It's because of you and the experiences of our daily life that makes me- ME. I pray I can be a good example to you both all the days of my life.

2 comments:

Diana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YOU ARE LOVED

The Chappelles said...

I am so glad you had a great Birthday! You are precious.