
Greg and I took Carlee to his parents Christmas concert at their church this past Sunday night. I told her that this was a special treat for her to go out with mommy and daddy. Greg and I thoroughly enjoyed her company. She loved dressing up in her fancy dress. She has been waiting to wear this all year. (A funny thing- those tights she is wearing are big girl tights and they would not stay on her bottom. They kept inching their way down her leg all day. Too cute!) She loved driving there and seeing all the Christmas lights. She kept saying that everything was so beautiful or cool. She has said that a lot throughout this Christmas season. We sat on the second row and took everything in as we watched the choir sing, the orchestra play, the dancers dance and the children sing. Carlee loved the first five minutes and then she was ready to go. Then I told her that she would get to see baby Jesus and the three kings if she waited. They always come out at the end and it is the best part. She got really excited and could not believe she was going to see baby Jesus (of course we told her he was pretend later on). She heard a pretty lady sing a solo and Carlee said she wanted to do that when she turned 16. I don't know where she comes up with these numbers. Carlee appluaded everyone after all the songs and did very well for a 3 1/2 year old. I'm so proud of her. After the concert was over, she thought it would be fun if she could go on stage and sing just like her Grammy and Pawpaw. She sang Jingle Bells in the microphone and did a curtsy after she had finished. You could tell she loved being on stage. What a fun evening!!
P.S. That night in her prayer she prayed thank you for my family and for that concert being over.... hahahaha.... she is a mess.
1 comment:
She looks beautiful! Such a little princess. I am taking Addison to a Christmas concert at the church where she goes to preschool this weekend....hopefully she will do well.
Our family picture on the blog is a rare one! Tommy actually took it while holding Reagan with the other hand. It is WAY to hard to get everyone to sit still and look at the camera, so we rarely try.
Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment