Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Perdido Beach

Elita and I at her house in Mobile, Alabama.
Me being a goober on the beach. This stick made for all kinds of funny photo's.Greg would have loved to bring this stick home. It had Mose written all over it. haha
Good-looking couple....
Me and the beach bird (probably a crane)
My photo shoot


This vacation was so much fun. Greg and I drove to Florida and made a couple of unexpected stops along the way. We left after Greg got off work on Thursday around 5 pm and traveled east. Knowing we would arrive very late to our destination, we made a stop in New Orleans to sleep at a friends house (Laurie's). We literally called her 3 hours before arriving and asked if we could spend the night. She is so hospitable and had the guest room ready for visitors. What a blessing it was to be there and talk a little. Thank you again Laurie for opening your home up for us!! On Friday morning we left and I remembered I had friends in Mobile (my friend Elita), who I called and arranged to meet her and and her family for lunch. It was so great to see her beautiful home and family. We loved being able to catch up and talk over some lunch. Then we were off to our final destination... Perdido Beach, Florida. We stayed at Greg's co-workers condo free of charge. It was a great location. That night we strolled on the beach and took lots of funny pictures (as you can see). There's more to come....

2 comments:

The Chappelles said...

Hey girl...Glad you had fun! It is so great to get a way with your hubby ~ helps you remember why you liked each other in the first place.

Love the last picture.

Diana said...

your pictures are adorable, you are adorable.. how I miss my sweet friend and her heart. Please