On Friday we left the Woodlands bubble and headed out to the Children's Museum past downtown. I only say "the bubble" because the Woodlands really has plenty to do. We rarely leave our comfort zone. The Woodlands has it's own children's museum, but nothing beats the one in Hermann. Despite the crowds of kids and the hot temp. we had a great time. I'm so glad we did not venture out on our own. The Sharp's were with us, as well as, a new lady (Tania) from our bible study and her daughter (Ava). We only had to pay for one ticket and parking. Thank you Sharp family for the coupon. The kids played and played and touched everything. It seemed like I spent most of the day looking for or trying to keep up with my kids. Thankfully we got out of there together and arrived home safely. It's these kind of adventures that make me realize that we need to get out more and enjoy the world around us. I'm so thankful we have opportunities to go to places like this. I know Carlee and Zachary could have stayed there all day!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
The Children's Museum
This is a shot of us waiting in line to get into the museum. Fortunately, there was plenty of shade on this 100 degree day. The line moved fairly quick.
Lily (Carlee's best friend) hiding under the legs on the statue, while waiting in line.
Zachary loved this area with all the ramps and balls.
We might need to get this boy some Tinker toys. He loved playing with them as you can see. On a side note: Zachary has been playing with his toys at home more and more. He has never had much interest until he turned two and now he lines all his trucks up and builds towers with his blocks. It's amazing he can play by himself now and be content. This is a huge praise!
On Friday we left the Woodlands bubble and headed out to the Children's Museum past downtown. I only say "the bubble" because the Woodlands really has plenty to do. We rarely leave our comfort zone. The Woodlands has it's own children's museum, but nothing beats the one in Hermann. Despite the crowds of kids and the hot temp. we had a great time. I'm so glad we did not venture out on our own. The Sharp's were with us, as well as, a new lady (Tania) from our bible study and her daughter (Ava). We only had to pay for one ticket and parking. Thank you Sharp family for the coupon. The kids played and played and touched everything. It seemed like I spent most of the day looking for or trying to keep up with my kids. Thankfully we got out of there together and arrived home safely. It's these kind of adventures that make me realize that we need to get out more and enjoy the world around us. I'm so thankful we have opportunities to go to places like this. I know Carlee and Zachary could have stayed there all day!
On Friday we left the Woodlands bubble and headed out to the Children's Museum past downtown. I only say "the bubble" because the Woodlands really has plenty to do. We rarely leave our comfort zone. The Woodlands has it's own children's museum, but nothing beats the one in Hermann. Despite the crowds of kids and the hot temp. we had a great time. I'm so glad we did not venture out on our own. The Sharp's were with us, as well as, a new lady (Tania) from our bible study and her daughter (Ava). We only had to pay for one ticket and parking. Thank you Sharp family for the coupon. The kids played and played and touched everything. It seemed like I spent most of the day looking for or trying to keep up with my kids. Thankfully we got out of there together and arrived home safely. It's these kind of adventures that make me realize that we need to get out more and enjoy the world around us. I'm so thankful we have opportunities to go to places like this. I know Carlee and Zachary could have stayed there all day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had so much fun too! Glad you were able to join us. And I'm very impressed that you were able to keep track of two mobile children by yourself! I don't think I could have done it without Andy! :)
Looks like fun!!! It is always an adventure when getting out of the Woodlands Bubble.
Post a Comment