Zachary is getting so big. I can't believe we have reached this milestone. Zachary is non-stop. Ever since he started walking he has been on the go even more than before. He runs to keep up with his sister and tries to jump. It's the cutest thing! He also loves to dance and has quite the moves to show off. Greg and I can't help but laugh every time it happens. I guess he watches Carlee and tries to imitate her motions.
Zachary has still not slowed down long enough to eat a whole meal. He will stay in the highchair for 10 minutes comfortably and then demand out that's when detraction toys help (thanks Sherry) and once that is no longer helping he starts throwing his food or utensils that's when the discipline begins. The boy is a little stubborn when it comes to being confined. I also feed him his food in the bath at night if I am desperate (thanks Amanda).
Zachary is saying some new words like: "Okay" (which means "yes"), "No" (already saying it like a pro), "Amen" (after prayer), "Please" (but he says "pepepe" and rubs his tummy, which is the baby sign for please), "Thank you" (pretty much everytime he gets something he wants) and "Hi" (which he says to everyone). My friend Amy said he is like a little politician and I believe she is right. No one is a stranger to him. Zachary is high energy and loves to be right in the center of what is happening.
He loves the outdoors and expects to play outside at least once a day. He behaves so much better outside and is quite the adventurer. He loves to throw the rocks (not a good idea, I know), try to ride Carlee's tricycle, blow bubbles, draw with the sidewalk chalk and swing in the big swing (just like sister).
He will watch Elmo's World on PBS kids and maybe a little Clifford, but he would rather play than sit still. Carlee and Zachary are really starting to interact more these days. They will play duck, duck, goose together, as well as, a game of chase. Zachary loves to play with Carlee's baby dolls and kitchen too. I think he has played with those things more than she has. He also loves playing with play-doh, coloring with crayons and getting all the shoes out of my closet. He is in a shoe phase right now and wants to be wearing shoes at all times if not his than someone else's. Zachary is also very good at cleaning up (I taught him early). He will sing the Barney clean-up song and dance around while he is picking up the toys, but he says, "En up en up" and the rest is a little fuzzy. It's adorable!
Zachary is down to one (2 to 3 hour) nap a day. He will say, "night-night" and "bed," that's when I lay him down and then he says, "bye-bye," and it's that easy. Thank you Lord! I wish I could say it is that easy for bedtime routine, but Zachary still likes a bottle before bed (probably because he is not eating enough at during the day) and to be rocked a little. He will definitely wake around 5 to have another bottle and he then go back to sleep until 7:30 or 8 am. These things just come with having kids. I love to rock and sing this boy to sleep. He is so good about staying still and letting me love on him. Zachary loves to be held and enjoys being hugged. It's so sweet! I'm sure physical touch will be one of his love languages.
Zachary is fun, energetic, passionate and LOUD! He has brought so much laughter to our family. I pray he grows to know the love of His Heavenly Father and becomes very familiar with His ways. I pray he is a worshipper and a lover of God. I pray his faith is solid and strong. I pray he has the confidence and humility of his earthly daddy and the discernment to know what is right. I pray Zachary will consider others needs before his own and he will be sacrificial. Father teach him to be obedient. May he grow to learn how to be self-controlled. Give us wisdom as his parents to teach him that it is okay to fail because through that he can learn from his mistakes. May Zachary understand that he is not perfect and that he needs Jesus to help him through this life. May Zachary always be a light so this world can see Jesus through him. Thank you for the blessing of his life! Amen!
1 comment:
you are such a great mama! he is so adorable and sweet!
Post a Comment