Saturday, January 17, 2009

Progress


I'm praising God for the progress Zachary is making at mealtime. He sat here eating breakfast all by himself on Thursday morning while I got ready for Bible Study. I only sat him here by himself because he had sat here the night before eating dinner exceptionally well. When I came to check on him, I wasn't sure what to expect but all I saw was two waffles bites on the floor and a clean table. Wow!! Hallelujah! Now that he knows how to use a fork and spoon properly he might show some more interest in eating during mealtime. Normally, he would only sit for 5 minutes and then demand out. He would throw his food, whine, jerk himself around and scream. It was hard and it wasn't until we gave him a toy to play with that he calmed down and ate his food. I'm amazed how the power of distraction works for him. I wish I could say that nights meal was blissful, but once again he turned over his bowl and made it spill all over the floor. I know it's all within time that he will accomplish such a hard task. Good Job Zachary! Mommy is so proud of you!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

i am so excited about your sister!

Diana said...

i hope you are doing well!

May said...

He looks so much like Greg!