God is our protector. He is the one who watches over us and keeps us safe. He is our refuge and our rock. I thank you Lord for your safe hand on my daughter today!!
Every night before Carlee goes to sleep, I pray for God to protect her and keep her safe. Well, today we got to see His protection in action. I allowed Carlee to ride her bike on our path behind our house. Little did I realize that she would come face to face with a moving truck. Just as Carlee rounded the curve of the path (just out of sight) I hear a screaking sound on someones brakes. A lawn truck was rounding the corner at the same time. Fortunately, nothing happened and Carlee is fine. I approached the Hispanic man driving the truck and told him he needed to slow down. He apologized and went on down the path, this time a lot slower. These trucks are always going past our house and normally flying by going at least 20 mph. It freaks me out every time because they go so fast and I am always so grateful that we are not outside at those moments when they pass because it seems that no one is paying attention. I probably shouldn't let Carlee ride her bike back there, but I know there is a rule that says no motorized vehciles are allowed on the paths. I called Park Recreations and made them aware of this almost collision and will be talking to the director of operations later on today.
Carlee got to see God's hand of protection and how God keeps us safe. She has been asking questions these days about where God is and I'm thankful she experienced Him today in a very real way. I know we hate to see these things happen and things could have been worse, but God is in control and I have to trust Him and His sovereignty.
I am praise Jesus for protecting my sweet girl. God only knows your mind can wonder during times like these, but I am going to stay focused on what He did and how thankful I am because of what a great God I have. It's funny because just a few minutes earlier I had a thought about how I don't trust other people (especially the people I don't know) and then the Holy Spirit reminded me my trust is in the Lord and He is the one who I can hope in. He will never leave us or forsake us. He is always close to those He loves. He is faithful and true. I love you Lord!!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thank you, Lord for protecting that sweet girl!
Wow, that must have been so scary! Praising God for His protection...
Praise the Lord! I know God has been watching over Andrew in those same ways. So many times he's NOT fallen down the stairs, fallen out of his crib, or been hurt more than he has already. God is our Protector!
Post a Comment