Saturday, June 19, 2010

Blueberry Picking

Rain or shine..... we decided to go blueberry picking after an emotionally challenging day at my Pap-Paw's memorial service. Blueberry picking was eventful and adventurous. It was fun and beautiful. I'm so glad we got to create some great memories. I think my PawPaw would have wanted me to do the same thing. Carlee and Zachary were pretty sweet sharing an umbrella. I loved that she could reach the ones at her level and I could reach the blueberries at my level. No backaches!
My bebe enjoying his blueberries
Zachary loved it when someone shared blueberries with him. He preferred to eat the ones that came from others. He tried to save the ones he picked as much as possible. haha
Carlee helped pick them, but did not like the taste of them at all.
After an hour of picking, we decided to leave since it was getting close to bedtime. The kids were done standing and were beginning to get a little fussy. All together we collected 4 and half pounds of blueberries. You would think with four sets of hands we would have been able to get more, but I think we were all hungry and ate a fair share. We will probably go back again since the farm is pretty close. Here's to yummy blueberry pancakes, blueberry muffins and more. Happy baking!

1 comment:

L said...

How fun! Would love to join you next time!