Wednesday, June 16, 2010

VBS High Seas Expedition

I had the special privilege in helping New Haven House of Prayer lead the kids worship for their VBS last week. We were up and out of the house early every day from 8:30am to 12pm. Carlee was old enough to participate and she loved every bit of it. She loved her crew leader, Mrs. Mary. Carlee helped me lead most of the songs on stage since she had memorized all the songs and motions prior to VBS starting. She and I dressed alike a few days in a row and looked like sailors. It was a blast teaching kids about Jesus and getting them all excited about God's mighty love. It really was a great way to wake up every morning. I am missing it. Here is a picture of the set up on stage. I wish it was a better picture. This one does not do justice to the awesome design of the ships interior.

Zachary enjoyed his time in his class too eating blue jello and other yummy snacks, making crafts, doing skits, singing songs and being with his friends. However, he got sick on the last two days with a bad stomach bug and fever. Fortunately, my mom and mother-in-law stayed with him those days so I could lead the worship. (The bug lasted for 6 days, but he is all healed and doing better.)
Here Carlee is with her new friend, Kennedy and her crew leader, Mrs. Mary (who happened to get sick the same day Zachary did).

It was a fun and busy week. Carlee had her dance rehearsals and dance production during this week as well in the afternoons, but we were able to do it all through God's strength. I was pretty stressed because of all the business, but now I realize that stress did not accomplish anything. I think I am just not quite used to the non-stop routine schedule since we home-school and stay at home a lot. The older my kids get the more active our lives seem to be. It is my desire to be able to go and still stay focused on God helping me along the way. This is a process!

No comments: