Tuesday, August 14, 2007
A Choice
Today was one of those days I wish I could start over and try again. I choose the wrong attitude, reacted to every situation and allowed the enemy to win some ground. Why? Why do I do this? It's one of those things I absolutely hate about myself. Why am I selfish? Prideful? Angry? Mean? And the list, I hate to say, goes on. It's a terrible cycle and I'm tired of being caught in the middle of the enemies trap. Everyday is a battle and I am faced with a choice. Am I going to let my flesh live today or my spirit? God has already choosen me. Who am I going to choose? He gives me a choice. WOW, so gracious and compassionate. You would think I would choose Him every day. When I do, things are different. My day is easier because He is carrying my load, my burdens, my weakness. But when I don't, it's ugly. I become some one that I despise. It makes me sick. This has got to change or I will never move closer towards Him. All He wants is my obedience. It's funny because that is all I want from my children too. He's teaching me. It's hard, but good and much needed. So tomorrow will be different. I will choose wisely. God will win and get the victory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet girl. I'm praying for you. I know the enemy preys on us, especially watching for us to be tired, angry or vulnerable in some way. I want to make the right choice every day, too! Lots of times, don't laugh, I stick my head in the freezer and literally 'cool off' and pray!!
I know what you mean. You are so wise to know where it is coming from. We all need to put on our armor everyday - there is a war out there. I pray for victory today for you!
It sounds to me like you are exactly where He wants you. Poor in spirit...fully understanding your need for Him alone and mourning over your own sin. The Sermon on the Mount is our measuring tape and I pray that the Lord would meet you in your weakness and that He would make you more weak and in need of Him. That's the key to true intimacy and dependance on Him...He wants all of you and as a jealous God He knows just how to get it...your voluntary wholehearted devotion!! I love you and please know that you are not alone in this...it is my daily assignment too!
that last one was me...Rachel...not John. sorry!
Post a Comment