Tuesday, August 7, 2007
A New Perspective
It is easy to go through the day and do the daily duties: feed my family, give the kids a bath, change the baby's diaper, do the dishes, fold the laundry, clean the house, and the list goes on. Some day's are harder than others. Having a toddler and an infant, it seems that one is always in need of me. I am being pulled every which way because someone is hungry or someone needs comforting. I feel overwhelmed sometimes and just want a break. If there were only an easy button to push. But then I remember a friend saying that my work is my worship. How is that? I am a worship leader and I know what worship is.... but do I? I've been praying God would give me a different perspective on life and the duties that call. Well, here it is. Eph. 6:7 tells me, "serve wholeheartedly as if I were serving the Lord." As a mother and a wife, I serve my family all day long. But do I do it as if I were serving the Lord? Sometimes, if I really think hard about it, but most of the time it is my human flesh doing the serving. This is where the rubber meets the road. I need to change my perspective or these daily duties will always be daily duties. If I do not do them out of my love for the Lord, then all I am doing is simply existing. My pastor says that you will worship what you love. Who do I love? God let my first love always be You and no other. This is when I truly begin to worship. One day I want to hear Him say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things." (Matt. 25:23) I'm not sure I'm ready for the many things yet, but hopefully one day I will be. Just help me to be faithful in serving my family out of my love for You.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well said! You are an inspiration.
:).....loving the blog, by the way!
I, too, am inspired! Rebekah, I've been reading Jeff's emails this week, and they're all about work being an act of worship. It's something I'm actively praying about and working on! Thank you for sharing your sweet thoughts, they were just exactly what I needed to read today! PTL!
Sis, you are such a blessing. I know my "daily duties" do not even compare and yet they are most of the time such a chore. Oh that my heart would love the Lord enough to serve my family with gladness and joy!! I love you...thanks for sharing your heart!
Post a Comment