Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Grace
What's so amazing about grace is that it is a gift. Today, Carlee has had one accident after another. This is the reason I rarely clean my floor, because I know the moment I do I will be back on my hands and knees cleaning up a spill or something. This keeps me humble and reminds me how much I am a complete mess without grace. James 4:6 says, "He gives grace to the humble." It is because of God's love for me and the grace that He gave on the cross that I am able to forgive my daughter and love her despite her accident's. I even gave her a cookie and told her that I love her no matter how many times she makes a mistake. That is what Christ did for me (by giving His life and offering eternal life to me), so now I extend it to her. While this is all a working progress, I am trying to live out grace in front of my family everyday. I want them to remember that mommy always forgives just as Christ forgives. This is not at all natural or second nature, but oh how I long for it to be. As for now, I know God will continue to challenge me in this area and allow me opportunities to lavish grace freely. May we all rejoice and be glad in Him because of Christ's death and resurrection on the cross! Hallelujah! Have a Happy Easter!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment