I used to be one of those moms who rarely lets her children get dirty. I remember when Carlee had just started walking and we were spending a whole lot of time at the park and I just hated that she got sand on her bottom or dirt on her hands. I remember thinking...how am I going to clean her? she can't get messy.... I don't like this.... will that dirt just fall off or do I have to wipe it off every time? However, ever since I had a boy I am seeing the need to get a little messy. I'm changing and understanding that life is messy and we are messy people. My house is no longer clean, there is a sticky mess around every corner, food and dirt are all over my floor, beds are unmade, sinks and counter tops are spotted, mirrors are smeared with fingerprints and toys are scattered all around. However, these are the greatest days of our lives. My children love to play outside with sticks, dirt, sand and water. They don't mind sweating in 100 degree temp. Oh... but how I love getting them all cleaned up and smelling nice again.
I loved watching Carlee and Zachary play tonight. No one got mad, they just sat and played for an hour digging, catching bubbles on their tongues, jumping on the trampoline pad, screaming for joy, moving, climbing and enjoying every moment. I loved this night and hope to remember these special moments forever. Thank you Lord for such a sweet time.
2 comments:
Hey Girl,
So sorry about my lack of blogging, but we have been so busy. I thought summer would go by so slow, but here we are in the middle of August. I love all of the photos of the kids. You are such a good mom. My boys love playing outside, I am so glad that your children also like the outdoors.
I loaned a book "A woman after God's own heart" to a friend and she gave it back to me last week. You would love this book. It is written by Elizabeth George. I did a bible study on it several years ago. Really good stuff. I know that you like to read, this is right up your alley! Hope and pray that you are doing well. Have a blessed rest of the week.
Love ya lots,
Kara - John 3:30
love those thoughts and have experienced the same transition. at some point, you just learn to let go and enjoy this time. it will be gone before we know it....
Post a Comment