We own four paci's; however we have not always been so fortunate to have them all at one time. Carlee never had a paci, she just sucked her thumb so we never had to go looking for it. haha.... Zachary on the other hand attached himself to the hospital paci (otherwise known as the soothie) and has loved it ever since. I was warned not to get my child hooked on this paci, but that was only because it was odd looking. Now I know from experience the reason why it's not the best paci... is because of it's shape and it's rubber texture. This paci is not only a paci, but a BALL. When thrown across a room by a toddler, it will not only bounce and hit the wall making it go the opposite direction, but it will spin and spin in circles around rooms making the owner look completely dumb while chasing the thing down. It's quite the site! lol... Recently we found our fourth paci after it had been missing for a few weeks. Me and my Type "A" personality wants to always know where all paci's are at all times, but I have had to let go and choose not worry about such silly things. I knew that two paci's were lost in the house and one possibly in the car (I thought this one had rolled out of our car when opening a door and then straight into the sewer...who would have thought). Anyways, that one showed up last night while looking in the car with a flashlight under the driver's seat. HALLELUJAH, my soul sings! I know it's ridiculous what I praise my Lord for sometimes. Now the other two were not so easy. One paci Zachary found himself (good job little man) and it was under my vanity stand in my room. I didn't know he had found it until I saw him sucking on it with little fuzz balls all over it from our carpet. I literally squealed because I was thrilled we had found another one. Zachary jumped when I made such noises. Once again Praise JESUS!! I think I almost cried over this finding because we were down to one paci and I had spent several hours trying to find it. The things moms go through..... sheeeeesh. Ok now for the last story and the funniest of them all. I remember Zachary having the paci when taking him from his crib that morning, but soon after that it was gone. I looked and looked and looked and... nothing... nowhere... anywhere. "Come on!" I am thinking. "Isn't enough, enough!" I know God can use little things like this in my life just to see how I will respond and to know the purity of my heart. So later on that evening, I put on Zachary's pj's- the same one's he wore the night before (normally I never do this, I'm kinda weird about my kids wearing something twice in a row without being washed) and as Zachary is pulling his arm through the arm hole low and behold his paci is stuck in the sleeve of his pj's. Prime spot for him, it goes straight to his mouth, I look up, blast out laughing, almost pee my pants because I am so happy we have found another one and shout Hallelujah, thank you Jesus!! The greatest thing about these stories is that there will be more like them. I just had to share our latest findings with you all. Happy Thanksgiving!! We are not only thankful for lost paci's, but that God can use little things in our lives to help us choose the right attitude. I could have lost it and got upset or I could have had joy and peace through it all. I know the choice is mine. I can fail and lean on God's grace and be reminded of how much I need Him (which is a good place to be) or I can trust and be thankful that I have grown a little since last time (I love it when this happens). Whichever place your in, God is with you and He is the only one who can help you in that place. Love you all!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment