Zachary as Elmo (about the only character he knows from his pampers diaper)
Monday, November 3, 2008
Light the Night
As most of you know I struggle every year with Halloween because I grew up not participating in it and Greg did. However, every year the kids have always dressed up and been taken to the Panther Creek shopping center to get candy (it's very family friendly). This year was different from years past because I had a peace about being around all the other treat-or-treaters. Before we went out, I told Carlee that Halloween was not about getting candy, but about shining the light of Jesus through saying thank you, smiling, being polite, sharing, and being kind. This made the difference. Carlee did exactly what I said and enjoyed every bit of it. Even after we were done, she asked me if she shined Jesus and I told her that she did a great job! I am so proud of Carlee and know this is the beginning of a great holiday season to come. Teaching her to become others focused this year is going to make a difference in her attitude and her heart. Thank you Lord! To this day she has not even asked for the candy she received. Her one lollipop was just enough.
Zachary as Elmo (about the only character he knows from his pampers diaper)
Carlee as a fairy (her own creation) and the monkey from My Gym
Puffy the Pinecone was there and Carlee loved taking a picture with him.
Zachary as Elmo (about the only character he knows from his pampers diaper)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you are an awesome mommy. Thank you for your example.
Post a Comment