Ok ladies start your ovens and stoves and let the cooking begin. I am looking for new recipes that are easy and good. I have posted my Potato Soup recipe as well as my new Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. Scroll down to see who I've tagged.
Potato SoupIngredients:
6 strips of Bacon, diced
2 small onions, chopped (I use green onion)
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon pepper
6 cups chicken broth
6 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 cups half and half
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings. Set bacon aside. Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender. Stir in flour, salt, basil, and pepper; mix well. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add potatoes, cream, sour cream and hot sauce; heat through but do not boil. Cook until potatoes are tender about 20 minutes or so. Garnish with bacon and cheese. Serves 8
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Mix in a large bowl, pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla. Blend well.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda. Stir into pumpkin mixture, add the milk. Blend well. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Use teaspoon to drop cookies on baking sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes.
I Tag Amanda Burkett (since this was your idea), Alicia Adams (b/c you have not posted anything in a while), Kim Guess (b/c I know you have one good recipe you love), and Diana Drexler (newlywed, you've got to have time to cook). Love you gals!
2 comments:
okay girl- i will accept your tag! OUr computer just got back fromthe "doctor" so giveme some time. :-)
Okay I'll post when we get back from Thankgiving in Missouri- promise!
Eat till you're stuffed.
Then eat some more. :)
Post a Comment