Thursday, November 5, 2009

Butterfly Fun





Out of the 5 caterpillars that ate the milkweed, only three butterflies hatched. I'm not sure if it got too cold or the caterpillars didn't have enough to eat or what.... I get so attached to these little insects. They are at our house during some transforming stages and then fly away. One butterfly came out of it's crystallis yesterday and landed on Carlee's bike on the back porch. We ended up putting it on a stick and bringing it to the front yard to show the neighbors and watch it while it's wings dried. We let it walk all over our hands. It was pretty ticklish. Carlee ended up dropping it because it was too ticklish on her hand.
I love the beauty of God's creation! In a way I feel just like that butterfly. In so many ways, my life looks a lot like it... eating from the word of life, being held by the Lord, letting Him make me into something lovely for His glory, setting me free to move and live surrounded by His presence. There is nothing better than being a daughter of the King of Kings!

No comments: