skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Date night with Carlee
Last night Carlee and I went on a date together... just me and her. We went to a concert at our church and then to eat ice cream at TCBY. Carlee loved her outfit and thought she looked like a ROCKSTAR (her favorite way to dress these days, don't ask me why- I am a worship leader). I wish I had her outfit too. Having a girl has it's advantages and right now she likes the clothes I pick out for her. I know that will probably change soon. Being with Carlee is a BLAST! She danced in the aisle at the concert and exuded so much energy (I wish I had her boldness), then when she was tired she sprawled out across the floor and drew pictures with a pad and pen from my purse. After a while, she decided it was time for her to go be with her friends in her class (I can't blame her, she is so used to being in a classroom when she is at church anyway). Then we went for ice cream and talked. Carlee got a cone with cotton candy ice cream. She loved every bit of it. We sat outside and Carlee said to me, "Let's pretend we are on a date." I told her, "We don't have to pretend, we are on a date." She looked at me and smiled and said, "I love being on a date with you." Our talk pretty much consisted of a lot of sweet, kind, affectionate words that melted my heart. Carlee is such a doll and I love every piece of her. One thing we talked about in the car on the way to get ice cream and on the way home was about how special Carlee is and how God made her just the way He did for a reason. Carlee was getting a little upset because she has met a friend at church who seems to be the "coolest" person to her (by the way- she is 8) Carlee loves her hair and wants to be just like her one day. I couldn't believe we were having this conversation, but Carlee is obviously growing up (I am growing up too). I know there will be many more conversations like this and probably a lot harder, but I hope they will be farther down the road. Carlee, I pray you will find your satisfaction in the Lord at an early age, so you don't have to search around for the things you think you want. God made you perfect and needs you to be you. You are beautifully and wonderfully made, a true gift from above. I know you will have to learn this all on your own, but I pray God would give you wisdom in accepting the way He made you. It's taken me so long to understand all this about myself (I'm still learning), but I pray God would speak to you so that you will understand that beauty is fleating and that God looks at the heart.I love you my darling!
1 comment:
Sounds like a beautiful night... You are such a good mama for your gal. I love learning from you.
Post a Comment