Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Carlee Cut Her Own Hair

On Monday morning during breakfast, Carlee asked me if she could go in her room after we finished school to play dress-up. I told her, "Yes," and we then proceeded to get some school work done. After school was over, Carlee went in her room and shut the door. She knows that when she changes clothes that she needs to shut the door since she has a brother and needs to have some privacy. I thought nothing of it and assumed she was playing dress-up like we discussed. Well, a few minutes went by and when Carlee came out of her room, I noticed she was still in her clothes she was wearing earlier. I asked her if she was going to dress-up and she didn't answer me. But something was weird because she was holding her hair in her ponytail. I asked her what she was doing and she didn't answer. So then when she put her hand down, I saw that her ponytail was extremely jagged. Then I walked back to her room and noticed all the hair on her table, with her school scissors. I was surprised she would do this because she loves her long hair and she knows what scissors do. But I guess it was bound to happen one day.
These are the after pictures. Now Carlee has hair as short as me with layers (just like she wanted). Fortunately, it still goes back into a ponytail. We have ballet exams this week. Praise God it was in a ponytail!
Looking more grown up now....
Below is a picture of Carlee's hair after she cut it. You can only tell a little on the left side of her hair that it is shorter. I should have taken a picture of it when it was still in the ponytail. You could definitely see where she had cut it. I was a little anxious to see what it was going to look like down.
Apparently, Carlee put hair in her tea cups that were sitting on the table in her room. (kind of creepy, I know) Funny thing is I totally missed this. I literally cleaned up the whole table of hair and the floor of hair, but missed these hair filled tea cups totally. Now you know how out of it I was and how quick I got her to the beauty salon to fix the damage. Everything was solved in an hour.
When I told Greg about what happened, he just laughed. I on the other hand wasn't sure how to respond to this dilemma. I was trying to be a responsible parent and wasn't sure if this was a discipline issue we needed to address. Greg said it was a childish issue so Carlee would just have to learn from her mistake and not let it happen again. So now Carlee knows that when she wants to get a haircut she needs to come and tell me rather than taking matters into her own hands. She told me after all was said and done, "she just wanted to have hair like me."

2 comments:

Diana said...

just thinking of you sweet friend, miss you so much not sure why the phone calls have stopped ( on y end of course) Love you and think about you often!

Lindsay said...

She is beautiful! And I'm sure it's only a matter of time before my girls try this on each other. :)