Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day (part 2)

We went to my parent's house later in the day and ate more yummy food. My dad grilled some steaks. My dad bought some flowers for the grandkids to pot for the mommies while they were visiting. The kids loved planting the flowers and did an excellent job. Thanks dad for thinking of me! I love having beautiful flowers out my back window to gaze upon.
Getting the soil in the pot
Filling the pot with more soil all around the flowers
Watering the flowers with a little help from grandpa
Even Josiah was there for the action.
Greg took this picture from on the floor (gotta love the angle... haha.... NOT). I'm modeling my new clothes he purchased for me for Mother's Day. I love having cute new clothes for the Summer. It makes me feel like a special mommy! I adore my family God has blessed me with.
I love being a mom and getting to celebrate this special day! Being a mother has humbled me and taught me so much about myself. I don't know how my mother did it, but am blessed by her dependence on the Lord and her worshipful spirit. She taught me so much and even though she did not do it perfectly, she did it with love and taught me the most important thing....JESUS!! I count it a joy to raise my children and I am so thankful I have my Great and Awesome God to help me along the way. Lord knows, I would not be able to do this on my own. I so depend on the Holy Spirits strength and guidance to help me through this journey.

No comments: