Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas at Nana's and Grandpa's

Carlee took this picture of us. I think she might find a job in photography when she gets older. lol

The classic shot of Rachel (my sis) and I
Carlee and Zachary ate lunch at the little table my sister and I had growing up. Yummy twice baked potatoes (a mom tradition), ham and veggies.
Grandpa worked long and hard to get these big wheels put together for Carlee and Zachary for Christmas. My sister and I grew up riding big wheels at this age and so will our kids. They loved them and rode them up and down the driveway. Zachary didn't mind at all that he couldn't touch the pedals yet. He loved having the same thing as big sister, I'm sure. Carlee rode hers like the wind and tilted her head back like she was having the time of her life while riding.
Grandpa read the Nativity story while Carlee and Zachary acted out the story with the manger set. Zachary got a little impatient and decided to throw the manger pieces, but Carlee did as the story read and had fun acting it out. Maybe next year Zachary will be ready to sit still and help. :)
Uncle John, Aunt Rachel and baby Josiah loved the new scrapbook we got them (it matches his bedding perfectly). Gotta love Hobby Lobby!
I loved getting my popcorn popper. Way to go mom on finding it!! I know you searched high and low to find a good one. Now we can have fresh popcorn without all the bad stuff. YUM!
Greg was very pleased to get a green fees jar with some green cash inside. Yeah, he will finally enjoy a much needed golf game again.
Here we are with my Miemaw and Pawpaw (also known as GG and GPaw). I'm so glad they got to be apart of our Christmas day. I know they will not be here forever, so time spent with them is precious!!

Thanks mom and dad for an unforgettable day! I love our family and thank God for the grace He extended by giving us each other.

Ok, confession... I was a little hesitant to put up four blog post just on Christmas, I literally looked at my friends blogs and saw that no one else was doing that much.... Then I realized we probably are the only ones that have two sets of family here in town, not to mention two sets of great grandparents as well. (We forgot our camera at that celebration.) Anyways, we know Christmas is not about the presents and stuff, but we enjoy giving and receiving them. Thanks to our family for blessing us with things to have and remember this day by. It's just so special to have each and everyone of you in our lives. You are our gift and we adore each of you so much.

May this next year be filled with many more great memories to remind us of Christ love and the reason He came! And may we be filled so much by His love that we extend it to those around us!

2 comments:

Diana said...

Maybe Carlee will meet her life long friend on her BIg wheel!

Lindsay said...

In my opinion...you can NEVER have too many pictures!!! I love all the pictures and the glimpse into your special Christmas. Glad you had a nice family time. Look forward to seeing you again, dear friend!