Saturday, December 5, 2009
Decorating the Tree
Getting started with the small round "ball" ornaments (Zachary would say). You can tell Zachary is a little excited.
After Daddy finished putting the lights on, Carlee got a chance to touch the star.
This tree is probably one of the best we have gotten. We found it at the Houston Garden Center. I think we will probably go there every year, because our kids loved running around in between the Christmas trees and they had a great selection.
Zachary got a turn to touch the star also
Zachary loved his air plane ornament
Carlee loved her ballet slipper ornament she got from her Grammy and Pawpaw last year.
I love this precious gift we received last year from our friends. She is beautiful!
These reindeer are so adorable with their long stick legs. Thanks Aunt Gracie for a great gift!
Zachary put the heart in the pocket for the countdown to Christmas
We love these fun family moments. I wish I had the whole thing on video. Just to see and hear the expressions from Carlee and Zachary were priceless. Carlee thought every ornament was her favorite and literally said that every time I unwrapped a new one to put on the tree. Zachary smiled with eyes lit up like it was the best, most exciting thing he has ever done. Greg and I let the kids help a lot this year which seemed to be easier from years past. They were a little more careful, but still need some help to get them on the sturdy branches. Every ornament went on the tree, not one was left in the box. Most of the ornaments were clumped together. Only one ornament broke, fortunately it was not a favorite. Now if we can only keep the kids from touching the tree all month. Carlee woke up before every one this morning and was in the living room touching and moving ornaments around. Looks like we will need to enforce the rules a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
our tree also has clumps of ornaments on some branches. we have "breakables' at the top, "touchables" at the mid-line, and "jeremiahs" at the bottom :-) courtney loves to redecorate also, treasured moments...better than a model home tree....enjoy! love ya
Such a sweet family...I am loving Greg's hat!
I wish we could have a real tree! Allergies won't allow for that!
Post a Comment