Thursday, August 19, 2010

Golfing in Arkansas

I'm a little hesitant to start this post since I did not go on this golfing adventure with the guys, but here it goes for a shot at it. If I wait on Greg, then we may never get these vacation post's finished.

These three guys vacation is not complete without a golf game. They planned their game on Tuesday (our second day in Arkansas). Since a game can last anywhere from 3 to 5 hours, it's better to start early. Their game began at 8am.
Greg looking like he is about to nail his brother, who is taking the picture. Speaking of "getting nailed," my husband got hit by a golf ball in his shin during their game. From what I hear, an impatient high school girl nailed him. Apparently she did not yell, "FOUR," because she did not see the ball when she hit it. Greg was leaving the hole the girls were starting, but she did not wait long enough for Greg to get back in his golf cart. Anyways, his leg swelled up like a balloon pretty quickly. The whelp is still there today (one week later). CRAZY!
Greg and his brother, Matt
Ed, Greg's dad

While these guys toughed it out in the sun, Quint (my sister-in-law) and I, along with the kids stayed at home and played. We did go outside our complex to roam around the lake that was beneath our apartment. However, it did not last long due to the heat. It was hard getting four kids down the side of the mountain carefully and by the time we got close to the lake, we noticed some thick brush and knew we were not going to get as close as we wanted, so back up we went and returned home to the AC.
After the guys came home, we ate some lunch and headed to the tennis courts and playground for some action. Quint and I were ready to get out of the house. She and I hit the tennis ball around and had fun laughing at each other try to play. We didn't really keep score. In our world of tennis, everything counted. I wish I had some pictures of us. We were pretty funny!
Randle and Ed were in charge of dinner this night. Ed and Greg grilled some steaks. That was a process because they had to grill on top of aluminum foil with no lid to keep the steaks hot. It took some time, but they still came out good. We had yummy baked potatoes, broccoli and salad to go with them, then ice cream for dessert. De-lish!

No comments: