Thursday, August 19, 2010

Texarkana State Line Stop

We made the most of our long day of travel and stopped at the state line between Texas and Arkansas. Here Carlee is standing in two states. Her pose reminds me of a beauty queen.
The boys and the girls are divided between states. Greg's dad chopped off the main reason we were taking the picture..... haha..... Carlee and Zachary were done taking pictures in this shot. I can understand why, since it was 100 degrees outside and we were in the direct sun at 12 noon. Nothing like vacationing during the hottest week of the year!
I think this picture is a "holding" pose. (refer to last post if you are confused)
We carpooled with Grammy and Pawpaw this day of the trip, so they got in on the action as well.
This state line happened to be in the center of the town. I love the view.

This day was definitely the longer drive of the two and the kids and I had a rough time in the car, but we eventually made it to Arkansas in the early evening hours. I lost my voice upon our arrival and had a sore throat the whole trip. I am better now. I'm pretty sure it was allergy related and having to adapt to a new atmosphere.

Stay tuned for more vacation posts......

No comments: