Due to the lack of video's on the car ride to Paris, the first nights sleep started with a short video to calm the kids down from the excitement of getting to sleep in the same bed and being in a hotel for the first time in their lives. Carlee and Zachary had never slept in the same bed. They had asked a few times before, but we knew once that got started it probably would end in disaster, since Zachary kicks in his sleep. While Greg took a quick shower, the rest of us tucked ourselves in early (since we shared a room) and I waited for someone to do something. Zachary, our little talker, was the first to start the chatter and the laughter. He made it hard to go to sleep right away. I think I had to threaten him a few times to get him to settle down. He obviously was not tired since he was cooped up in the car for 5 hours of the day. Well to make the long story short, we played musical beds throughout the night. Zachary joined Greg and I sometime around 1:30am, then Zachary drove me out with the kicking so I joined Carlee around 3am. We slept okay, I guess (It was a good thing we went to bed early).....Not the best way to start out day 2 on the road.
More to come....
No comments:
Post a Comment