You can not spend a vacation inside, so we beat the heat and headed to the park the first day in Arkansas. The weather there is not much different than the weather in Houston.... hot and humid. This is another Wiggins Family (Greg's brother: Matt, his wife:Quint, Children:Nathan and Jesse).
Carlee and her mean face.... she really did have a fun time playing. She was just being silly.
Zachary discovering the cool steps. We tried to stay in the shade while it was available.
All three on the mushroom (our first attempt in a cousin shot.... more to come)
Jesse enjoying the swing
Since we were going to be in Fairfield Bay, Arkansas for four days, we decided to buy a pass to the miniature golf coarse and Shuffle Board game (it was good for 8 adults). It ended up being well worth the investment since we spent a lot of time there.
The pro putt putt golfers.... However, I don't think any of us got in a whole game.
Carlee loved playing miniature golf! She is quite the golfer.
Zachary liked playing too, but he only enjoyed the really cool holes. Like the ones with the water or the ones that make your ball disappear down into a tunnel leading it to another area. He had fun no matter what. This boy loves the outdoors!
Here's the gang playing shuffle board. Zachary just playing around...
I had never played this game before. Greg and I played and he beat me, but we were tied for pretty much the whole game until the last two rounds. He could give you the details.... haha
Carlee got in on the action....
so did Grammy....
and Paw paw
This game was always shaded, which made it pretty popular in my opinion.
This same day Randle and I braved the winding mountain roads and headed out to Wal-mart to get some more groceries for our stay. It took us three and a half hours to drive there, shop and drive back. We didn't have the greatest selection at Wal-mart, but managed to get what we needed to make it work. Shopping there made me realize how spoiled I am here in the Woodlands. I have lots of grocery stores at my disposal and all of them carry Organic foods and a variety of brands. This also made me realize how difficult it can be to make a decision with so many options, which then again leads to stress. On the way home, we stopped at a farmer's market that sold delicious baked goods, jarred jelly's and fresh produce. I picked up some brownies for an after dinner treat. Randle got some fresh tomatoes and spicy Raspberry jelly. Everything was delicious! Each of the girls picked a night to cook, to save some money on eating out and I choose to cook my Chicken Broccoli Pasta on Monday night. I spent the next hour listening to music on my IPOD and cooking, while some of the crew went to the pool to swim. After dinner, we played Mexican Train dominoes while the kids watched a movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment