Monday, August 23, 2010

One Stop Before We Go Home

We stopped in Kemp, Tx before heading back home to The Woodlands. Marsha and Rodney (Randle's cousins) live here on 64 acres of land. It is beautiful! This was probably my favorite day because I got to workout, read my book, spend some much needed time with God, take in the beautiful scenery and do things I never get to do.
Zachary is exploring the fields. He tired himself out this morning and took a morning nap in the trailer house we stayed in before heading back home.
This is where Carlee slept. On the top bunk in the trailer home. She absolutely love this place and went to bed rather quickly because she was so excited about sleeping up high.
Zachary slept on the bottom. He liked it too, but you can't tell from the picture. For all those people out there that thought we had perfect kids, here is a picture to change your mind. I'm not real sure why he is crying, but I think he is crying because I am taking his picture. I guess after 300 shots from the vacation, he was all done with the camera.
Yeah, for working out! It was about time to get rid of the extra calories from all the home-cooking we had consumed.
This reminds me of Charlotte's Web. I love it!
I might have to blow this one up and frame it.
MOO COW

We went exploring in this funny looking gator. Rodney uses this when he goes deer hunting. Greg got this baby up to 30 mph. It was a lot of fun to ride in.

Here we are on the paddle boat. We went for a quick ride around the lake. I should have saved this for my workout because it was a quad burner. The kids loved it! The tricky part was getting out of the boat without getting wet.
One of my very favorite pictures of me and my girl....
The boys....
Marsha and Rodney thank you for letting us stay at your place. I could have stayed all week and been happy. Your place offers time to reflect and rest. Your home is lovely and we hope to return again.

Now for one last stop at Sam's lunch buffet and we are off to the Woodlands.

This post concludes our vacation. If you have stayed consistent in reading all the posts, thank you for allowing me to share this with you. I will probably be taking a break from this blog for a little while so we can start home-schooling Carlee again. Don't worry I will update as the Lord allows the time. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time on vacation...all the pics are great! I'm quite impressed with your kids on your adventurous climb day...looks fun to me, but I can't imagine trying to take my kids up there! Maybe Lily...but Aubrey and Amelia would be BEGGING to be carried. Way to go Carlee and Zachary!!